Mission and Culture
Who We Are
We are a group of angel investors who want to support promising BC-based entrepreneurs in technology ventures with angel investment, advice and connections.
What We Do
Since 1999 we have been hosting monthly angel investment meetings where 8-12 early stage companies present their business and investment opportunity to an audience of angel investors. We are often the first investor community where startups pitch. We offer entrepreneurs a 90 second preview pitch and the chance to give a full presentation based on investor interest. We introduce all investment opportunity pitches to our network of angel investors across BC and the Pacific Northwest in our free monthly angel investing newsletter.
- Provide angel investors with a strong deal flow of vetted early stage seed investment opportunities.
- Provide angel investors with a community to network, collaborate, learn and share knowledge.
- Provide entrepreneurs with an opportunity to pitch and present their investment opportunity to angel investors, and build relationships with angel investors.
VANTEC has provided entrepreneurs with introductions to independent angel investors and angel groups for investment, advice and valuable connections.
- Largest angel group in BC with 100+ members
- Since 1999 more than 2,500 companies presented their investment opportunity
- 50% of the companies that pitched at VANTEC raised Angel Funding
- 20% of the companies go on to secure additional venture capital
- The average amount of angel capital raised is $250,000
- Companies that presented at VANTEC have created more than 2,000 jobs