Join us for an afternoon workshop to learn how experienced angel investors find their deals and what they look for to make their investment decision.
Learn from best practice processes, case studies and experienced investors and entrepreneurs in the room.
This interactive workshop will be guided by Kirk Hamilton. Kirk is an active Angel Investor in a variety of BC based start-up businesses and an investor and investment team member with eFund. He is a CEO Growth Coach and mentors entrepreneurs of the BC Venture Acceleration Network as an Executive-in Residence for the BC Innovation Council and Foresight Accelerator. Kirk is also the co-creator and instructor of the NACO Academy workshop Adding Value Through Due Diligence.
VANTEC members only pay $50 for this $100 workshop thanks to a generous donation of a Vantec Angel Network member.
The workshop will include examples that showcase the importance and value of due diligence, and a panel with active angel investors.
Who should attend
- Business professionals who want to explore angel investing
- New angel investors who made their first angel investment and want to do more deals
- Family office members who are screening deals and participating in due diligence
- Company directors, leadership team members, advisors who receive compensation in options or shares of seed stage companies
- Entrepreneurs who want to raise money from angel investors
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Choose the right way for you to invest in seed stage companies
- Find more of the right deals for you
- Screen deals based on your investment goals
- Do basic due diligence and invest on your own or with others
- Have a basic understanding of standard term sheets
- Consider the dynamics of next rounds, valuation and exits
- Participate in more advanced angel investing workshops
You will also receive an invitation to:
- eFund [BC Angel Fund] Open House on Nov 28 (Free)
- VANTEC Angel Network 20 Year anniversary Reception on Nov 28 (ticketed)
- VANTEC Angel Network Meeting Dec 4, Jan 8 or Feb 5 (Free, $75 value)
- VANTEC Investor Newsletter (Free)
- Upcoming advanced angel investing workshops at the VANTEC discounted rate
12.00 Doors Open - Registration & Networking
- The BC investment eco system
- Creating your investment thesis
- Finding the right deals for you
- Deal screening
- Due diligence
- Term sheets & valuation
- Signing the deal and writing the cheque
2.00 Investor Panel
3 local angel investors will share how they got into angel investing, how they find the deals they want to invest in, do due diligence, build their portfolio, and support the companies they invested in on their journey.
- Julie McGill - Julie has been a director with a Vancouver based private equity firm and is an active angel investor and community builder to help more women invest in early stage companies.
2.30 Workshop continued
- Adding value to the companies you invested in
- Keeping track of your investments
- Next rounds and exits
- Questions & Answers
We'll end the event with an overview of upcoming events and opportunities to connect with investors and join investor group meetings and workshops.
Attendees are also invited to:
- eFund Open House 4.30-5.30 at the Vancouver Club
- VANTEC Angel Network 20 Year Reception 6.00-9.00 at the Vancouver Club.
Access Vetted Early Stage Investment Opportunities
Become a VANTEC member and join any of our 11 monthly investor pitch meetings. Each meeting is followed by a networking reception with snacks and beverages. Get access to online pitch decks, investor packages, and pitch videos on demand for only $600 per year. Remote investors who just want investor decks and videos on demand only pay $300 per year.
Missed a meeting or want to review a pitch? Access the deck and video in our Presentations section.