Registration & Networking 8.30am
Introduction to Angel Investing Workshop 9.00am-12.00pm
Join Pieter Dorsman, an active angel investor, board member and advisor for early stage technology companies in this interactive workshop on valuation. Enjoy the insights from the investors, entrepreneurs and experts on our panel.
Note: By BC Securities Law you must be an accredited investor to attend a VANTEC Investor Meeting.
Chinese translators will be on hand, provided by CanAchieve and Dongguang.
Partner Organization Promocodes
Members of these partner organizations may expect a separate communication with a promocode: C2CAN, FrontFundr, Raise Collective, Pique Ventures, Aria Capital, Spring Activator, NACO, Richmond Chamber of Commerce.
If you are already and active Angel Investor or Founder
Learn what it takes to become a successful, professional Angel investor
Learn the essential processes, activities, relationships, and tools that make Angels successful.
This workshop provides a broad introduction to Angel investing – the people, processes, and methods that provide startups with capital and expertise to help them grow. Investors will leave with the knowledge to leverage opportunities to earn high returns with acceptable levels of risk.
You will be introduced to the key elements of investment including, deal flow, screening, due diligence, term sheets, post investment monitoring, and exiting. You will also be introduced to other key players in the local investment ecosystem – their roles, objectives, and how they add value.
A panel of early stage investment community members will share their experience and advice in an interactive discussion.
William Li, Managing Partner, C2CAN
Brenda Irwin, Managing Partner & Co-Founder at Relentless Pursuit Partners
Keith Ippel, Co-Founder & CEO at Spring Accelerator
Steven Forth, Co-Founder at TeamFit and Angel Investor
Jaime McNally, Manager Due Diligence at FrontFundr
NACO Academy Module 101: Introduction to Angel Investing
This module will help you to get started as a professional angel investor. Learn the essential processes, activities, relationships, and tools that make angels successful.
This module provides a broad introduction to angel investing – the people, processes, and methods that provide entrepreneurial firms with capital and expertise to help them grow, and that provide investors with opportunities to earn high returns with acceptable levels of risk. Students will be introduced to the key elements of investment dealflow, screening, structuring, monitoring, and exiting. Students will also be introduced to the other key players in the local investment ecosystem – their roles, objectives, and value to an angel.
By the end of this module the student will be able to:
- Describe the function of angel investors within the Canadian investment ecosystem • Source companies as potential investments
- Screen companies to identify the most attractive investment opportunities
- Propose a high-level investment deal structure
- Work productively with investee companies towards a successful investment exit.
This module will cover:
- Angel investing vs. other types of investing, the benefit of angel groups
- The Canadian angel landscape in the global context
- The investment ecosystem
- Crowdfunding in Canada
- Creating good deal flow, managing the influx
- Due diligence investigations
- Valuation approaches
- Term sheets and shareholder agreements
- Monitoring your investments, portfolio effects
- Adding value to your companies
- Exits and capturing the gains.
本单元是对天使投资进行了较为基础宽泛的介绍，即为创业型企业提供资本和专业知识帮助他们成长的人才，流程和方法，为投资者提供获得可接受的高风险回报的机会。将向学员介绍投资交易流程，筛选，构建，监控和退出的关键要素。学员将有机会结识当地投资领域的知名投资人 - 他们的职责，目标和价值。
- Harbour Centre, 1100-555 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B, Canada